Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dress For Success

So for the last few years I have been working for DCFS (Division of Child and Family Services). I love this job for various reasons. Here are some reasons in no particular order:

1. I don't like money
2. I don't like to feel good about myself
3. I like to work with drug addicts. The drugs make them very rational and level-headed.
4. I like to get reminded by juvenile court judges that I am incompetent and that I am ruining people's lives.
5. Government bureaucracy is awesome.

Unfortunately, I have also been working on a degree in education for the last few years. I recently found out that I will be doing my student teaching this January. I have been crying myself to sleep since finding out because I will have to leave the job I love to complete my degree.

I determined that I need to start dressing like a teacher. Here's my attempt:


My teacher sweater


I have a cold. Students carry germs. 


Casual Friday


Nothing says patriotism like a polo shirt with a flag on it.


Practicing my stern lecture pose.



If anyone has any wardrobe suggestions please let me know. I don't want to mess this up.

2 comments:

  1. LOL is all I can say! Didn't know Adam had this hilarious side to him! Glad you guys decided to start a new blog together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the pants should be a little higher - Spencer can show you the art... he's a natural with the higher waist level. Also, you're going back to DCFS right? I mean, from what you said, it's THE dream job... I bet they have a hard time getting people to leave... hope you can get back on when you're finished with all this teaching nonsense!

    :)

    ReplyDelete